Quinoa Recipe Suggestions (Alternate meats, beans, herbs, vegetables as desired)
- 1 cup Quinoa, rinsed.
- 2 cups Chicken broth – use in place of water to cook quinoa
- 1.5 pounds of Chicken breast OR Filet mignon, cubed wit pinch of sea salt to season meat.
- 2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) to sauté Chicken/Steak
- 1 large onion, cubed
- 4-6 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups (or more) of chopped, Carrots, Broccoli, Celery, Mushrooms
- ½ cup (or more) of Fresh herbs – Parsley, Basil,
- 1 Tablespoon dried herbs – Herbs de Provence
- Sea Salt
- Freshly, Pepper
In a skillet, sauté the cubed & salted chicken breast in 2T of EVOO. Add garlic & onion to enhance flavor of chicken. Add 1T dried herbs. Sauté for 5 minutes. Add carrots, broccoli, celery and mushrooms and sauté for 2-3 minutes until slightly limp, but still bright in color (you do not want overcooked vegetables, as they lose vital nutrients when overcooked)
In a pot, add quinoa and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until liquid is absorbed. The “germ” ring will open and be exposed. (A rice cooker could be used instead).
Add quinoa to chicken. Add fresh herbs. Add ½ cup EVOO (or ¼ cup of EVOO & ¼ cup Hemp oil, unheated!) & freshly ground pepper
- Spray with Braggs Aminos to taste!
- Spray fresh lemon to taste!
- Add peas, white wine, parmesan cheese, sun dried tomatoes and more for different flavors!
~ Eat for Health!