One of my favorite granola recipes comes from one of my clients, aka, Lovely Linda!
- 2 cups of old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup of organic coconut palm sugar ( I like “Wholesome” brand)
- ½ cup of organic unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¾ cup of nuts or seeds or a combination ( I like walnuts or sunflower seeds)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 dark chocolate bits 70% of higher
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl mix dry ingredients
- Heat on low to melt/combine wet ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix well, turn/stir at least 40x!
- Pour the granola onto your prepared pan and use a large spoon to spread it in an even layer. Bake until golden, about 21 to 23 minutes, stirring halfway. The granola will further crisp up as it cools.
Let the granola cool completely, undisturbed, before breaking it into pieces and stirring in the dried fruit (and totally optional chocolate chips). Store the granola in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 to 2 weeks, or in a sealed freezer bag in the freezer for up to 3 months