- 2-4 Medium Sized pieces of Wild Salmon (bellies are tasty)
- 1T Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Sea salt (sprinkle)
- Fresh cracked pepper (TJ Rainbow Pepper)
- 1 frozen cube or fresh herbs: cilantro, parsley, rosemary, thyme, dill, sage, tarragon
- ½ teaspoon Herbs de Provence
- ½ Lemon
*Or try 1-2T of capers and ½ cup white wine
- Rinse fish, pat dry.
- Add 1T of EVOO to an iron cast pan or skillet.
- Preheat on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- If keeping skin on, coat opposite side with EVOO in pan and then turn over with skin side down.
- Sprinkle with sea salt , fresh cracked black pepper and Herbs de Provence
- Add fresh or frozen herbs and lay on top of fish. If frozen, spread all over top of fish when it begins to soften. (NOTE: I prefer cilantro because it may bring out the flavor of the fish. I encourage you to try any and all mentioned above to see which you prefer and to learn the different flavors each can provide – as well as the varying nutrients of each as well).
- Squeeze ½ lemon over salmon, if desired.
- Cover and turn up heat to medium-high heat. Thin pieces will cook very quickly, thick take longer. 7-12 minutes approximately depending on size OR it will flake easily with a fork. Fish should be 145 degrees in center. Monitor based on size.
~Eat for health! Eat for Omegas!